Thursday, April 06, 2006

Visual Studio Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider RTM

Visual Studio Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider

"Enables integrated use of Team Foundation Version Control with products that don’t support Team Explorer integration."

The TFS MSSCCI Provider is now officially released.

Installing now...

Well trying to anyway. The setup is complaining about a bad cab file, "The cabinet file_DE4122DA27BBE897D870DBB37A5A532C required for this installation is corrupt...", etc, etc.

I tried redownloading it (after clearing my IE cache) and still no joy.

Maybe a reboot will help. Be back in a bit...

Technorati Tags: , ,

Update #1 4/6/2006 @ 7:53 PM PDT:
Nope, still no joy. But luckily, for my sanity’s sake, I’m not the only one getting this error (forum post)...

Update #2 4/7/2006 @ 8:07 AM PDT:
The official word, from the forum, is that the download is bad... They are supposed to be reposting the file today.

Update #3 4/7/2006 @ 6:56 PM PDT:
The file has been fixed (download it here) and now installs like a charm.

I’m able to switch VS2003 to use it, but it doesn’t seem to be working in VB6. I’m not getting the "Team Foundation" menu that I expected (show here, Installing and configuring the VB6 MSSCCI provider).

I’ll play with it some more and see. I’d really like to get it working as having it working in VB6 is one of my last requirements before pushing hard for going live with TFS...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any luck putting it to work under VB6? I just intalled it here and got the same problem (no Team Foundation menu is shown under Tools menu).

Greg said...

Yes... I should have put a link to it in this post. My bad....

Here's the post with what I found,
I SO Love the power of the search.... "Team Foundation" menu doesn't appear in VB6 (Fixed)

Anonymous said...

Thks a lot! Working like a charm now...