Friday, April 07, 2006

I SO Love the power of the search.... "Team Foundation" menu doesn't appear in VB6 (Fixed)

In my last post (Visual Studio Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider RTM), I mentioned that I was finally able to download and install the RTM version of the TFS MSSCCI Provider. But that it didn’t appear to be working in my VB6 environment...

After a quick google, I found the below info. This was just the thing I needed.

I now have my "Team Foundation" menu in my VB6 IDE. Rock on!

VSS 2005 And VB6 (http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=103065&SiteID=1)

"AndreaMasi

Thanks for the suggestions, after some trouble I found that the VSS addin setting is store in a ini file ! and unistalling VSS (6.0) the ini file is modified..

Here the settings in vbaddin.ini :

[Add-Ins32]
vbscc=1 "

 
My vbaddins.ini didn’t have the vbscc line in it at all. Could have been when I uninstalled VSS6 to install VSS2005...

Just adding that one line added the "Source Code Control" to the listed items in my VB6 Add-in Manager list (and the =1 turns it on by default).

You’ve got to love the power of the internet search. Five minutes and my problem was solved...

One thing to note, the vbaddin.ini lives in your %windows% folder (C:\Windows, C:\WinNT, etc)

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: