Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Gilma - GUI for ILMerge Branched for .Net 2.0

Code Project - Gilma - Gui for the ILMerge Application revised for .Net 2.0

"

I have seen the beatiful interface made from Tomer Shalev in the SourcForce web site and thought I could revrite it in a self contained way. The original Tomer Shalev's Gilma is a front-end application to ILMerge: Microsoft's command-line utility that can be used to merge multiple .NET assemblies into a single assembly. ILMerge is freely available from Microsoft's web site.

ILMerge's license does allow commercial usage.

In my Implementation whose snapshot you can see in the picture I have referenced the ILMerge executable directly in visual Studio 2005.

..."

I keep meaning to play with ILMerge... I tried it once when creating my WLW plugins but ran into issues (like WLW wouldn't recognize my ILMerged plugin). I'm sure it was probably some stupid I was doing, but I didn't have the time to troubleshoot it.

Still I really like the idea of providing a single file that includes all my related/child/dependant/etc assembles...

Related Past Post XRef:
VS2005 Power Toys Pack Installer
MSBuild and ILMerge
"Gilma - GUI for ILMerge Application"
ILMerge Updated
The Code Project - Merging .NET assemblies using ILMerge - .NET

No comments: