Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Microsoft Office Outlook Connector Beta Released

Microsoft Downloads - Microsoft Office Outlook Connector

"....

With Outlook Connector Beta, you can use Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 to access and manage your Windows Live Hotmail or Office Live Mail accounts, including e-mail messages and contacts for free! Calendar, tasks and notes can also be accessed and managed in Outlook for accounts with a paid subscription. [GD: Emphasis added]

Outlook Connector Beta enables you to use your Live Hotmail accounts within Outlook:

  • Read and send your Office Live Mail/Windows Live Hotmail e-mail messages.
  • Manage your Live Mail Contacts.
  • Use advanced options for blocking junk e-mail messages.
  • Manage multiple e-mail accounts in one place.
With a paid subscription, Outlook Connector Beta enables these additional features:
  • Manage, share, and synchronize your Windows Live Calendar in Outlook.
  • Access your Tasks and Notes.

..."

What I'm interested to see is if I can now add Calendar reminders (in the past version I couldn't, it said it wasn't supported...). I live by my calendar/appointment reminders and not having them easily created killed me (well, got me in trouble a couple times  ;)

I'll be downloading and playing with this tonight or tomorrow.

 

Related Past Post XRef:
Microsoft Office Outlook Connector (Think Outlook to Hotmail Connector)

No comments: