Friday, August 24, 2007

Looking for XAML Clip Art? Then make sure you look for SVG files as well...

Daniel Cazzulino's Blog - How to get a gazillion XAML clipart for free

"You surely know XAML subsumes pretty much all of SVG, right?

SVG has been around for quite more time than XAML, and even if hasn't taken off as fast as many expected, at least I could find a huge collection of freely available clipart.

Now all I needed was a way to convert all that stuff that you can get in a single gigantic download if you want to XAML.

I wish it was always this simple: go download ViewerSvg :).

Not only does the tool work great, it also comes with a library you can use too :). So instead of using the UI, I used the library to create a very simple console application (Svg2Xaml project) that will convert one or more files (or every file it finds recursively in one or more folders) to XAML.

..."

I don't know nearly enough about XAML (i.e. I know next to nothing) so I found it pretty cool to see that it looks to be pretty simple to convert SVG into XAML...

Given my artistic skills, or lack there of, clip art is a must for me.   ;) 

Related Past Post XRef:
Open Clip Art Library

1 comment:

Greg said...

I thought this comment was spam and nuked it, but in taking a closer look, it looks valid. My bad.

Original comment follows:

stelt said...
More SVG goodies on http://svg.startpagina.nl

Why turn a real open format like SVG into a less open format like XAML?

Sat Aug 25, 07:13:00 AM PDT