Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A Couple Custom Debugger Visualizers (For VS2005, but with source...)

Digital Blasphemy - Custom Debugger Visualizers

"...

Around a year ago, I was doing a lot of work with custom printing and reporting.  In order to simplify the process I wrote customer visualizers both for images and for text.  Although I haven't used either of these visualizers in over a year, I happened upon the code this past week and I thought I would release it to the community in the spirit of open source.

The image visualizer allows you to see the image exactly as it exists in memory as well as the values of certain attributes of the image.

ImageDebuggerVisualizer(1)

...

If you're so inclined, you can find the source code for all three visualizers here or you can simply download the resulting DLL to install to Visual Studio here.  Note that while these visualizers work fine in 2005, they do not appear to work in 2008.  Once again, however, if there is a significant demand for 2008 support in the near term then let me know and we'll see what we can do."

The image visualizer is pretty cool looking... And while it doesn't currently work with VS2008, since the source is provided, we can handle that if need be.  :)

 

Related Past Post XRef:
"Regular Expression Visualizers for VS 2005"

No comments: