Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Windows Live Writer v1 (aka Version 2008, 12.0.1366.1026) Released

InsertableContentSource - New Windows Live Writer Version

"A little earlier than scheduled (that schedule being tonight), we [Liveside] and mess.be have discovered that the new set of programs are available for download. ...

I spent ages jumping through hoops though trying to get the new programs to install, but it kept installing the older versions. I followed the support article but to no avail, in the end, I reset my router, and bingo, got the new programs. So if you keep getting the old programs, try resetting your internet connection.

..."

LiveSide - News blog - Final Windows Live Wave 2 applications available for download

"Looks like nothing can stay quiet for long - a new installer featuring the final Windows Live Wave 2 programs is available for download thanks to Microsoft's early preparations. While not much has changed in the applications themselves since the last beta releases, its just nice to be running the final versions.

You can grab the new Windows Live installer here: http://g.live.com/1rewlive/en/WLInstaller.exe 

..."

Yeah!

Upgrading from B2 to RTW went very smoothly on a XP machine. I'll be updating my Vista machine later this week (but I except it to be smooth too).

If you've not tried Windows Live Writer now's the time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it as well - although why does MS insist on making an installer that wants to make msn my home page and change my default search engine.

It's rather rude of them in my opinion...

Greg said...

Yeah, I hate that too... But it seems everyone does that, not just MS.

Still I wish MS would break from the pack and take the higher ground on this little issue and at least have it unchecked by default. Let us Opt-In and not require us Opt-Out...