Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Creating Audio CD's with .Net and IMAPI2

CodePlex - Creating Audio CDs using IMAPI2

"musiccd

This is my 3rd article now on burning media using IMAPI2, version 2 of Microsoft's Image Mastering API. I received a few inquiries on creating Audio CDs after I wrote my last article Burning and Erasing CD/DVD/Blu-ray Media with C# and IMAPI2, so I decided to write this article next. This article goes into more detail about the IDiscFormat2TrackAtOnce interface which is the IMAPI2 Interface for creating audio CDs.

...."

Another cool IMAPI2 with .Net article by Eric Haddan. Think about creating an application (or service, etc) that automagically burns audio to a CD, such as maybe podcasts. Watch a folder, when a new file arrives, convert to wav, burn to CD, wash, rinse, repeat.

Now that I have a Zune I doubt I'd build this now, but not too long ago I'd have seriously considered writing something like this...

Related Past Post XRef:
Burn CD/DVD/Blu-ray's with C# and IMAPI2 (Image Mastering API v2)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CodeProject updated the link to:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-video/audio_cd.aspx

Thanks for the post!

Greg said...

No, thank you!