Friday, February 20, 2009

NodeXL (fka NetMap) now with GDI+ out, WPF in

Marc Smith [@marc_smith] (for Team NodeXL ) dropped me a line;

“Thought you might be interested in the news that NodeXL has upgraded to a WPF display layer with zoom and scale features.

We are still at http://www.codeplex.com/nodexl

…”

Yep, I am interested and think it’s officially cool. :)

Here’s a quick snap of the project folders…

image

And the included WPF control test/demo app.

image

BTW, the latest source downloads, builds and runs with one one little problem. There’s a hard coded binding to c:\temp\1.jpg and 2.jpg in the TestWpfNodeXLControl project, pictured above, but that’s very easily fix’able… I love the power that OSS/source-available gives me :) Beside that it works for my like a charm. YMMV

 

Related Past Post XRef:
Getting hit by a Peanut Butter… um… Recall – Seeing the product relationship data via NetMap (NodeXL) and PowerShell
Mix PowerShell, some Would Bank data and a little NetMap and you get… Some cool data visualizations…
.NetMap – Using Excel, or embedded control, to graph and visualize connections, networks (social), degrees of separation, associations, etc

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg:

I'm the NodeXL developer. Thanks for pointing out the erroneously hard-coded references to image files within the test application. I'll fix that in the next release.

-- Tony

Anonymous said...

Greg, this is great. Can you tell me how you did it. I added the library references, but was not able to bring the controls up in the toolbox. :(

Greg said...

As I remember it, I just ran the demo provided in the source. I don't think I created an app, so didn't even look at it being in the toolbox.

If I were coding a new app and it wasn't, worse case I'd try the old copy-n-paste to get it in...