Saturday, May 16, 2009

CodeRush Xpress not just for C#’ers anymore - CodeRush Xpress for C# AND VB now available and still free

DevExpress - CodeRush Xpress for C# and VB

“CodeRush Xpress is freely available to all Visual Studio 2008 developers and offers a comprehensive suite of tools that enable you and your team to simplify and shape complex code - making it easier to read and less costly to maintain.

Supported Features

CodeRush Xpress includes the following features.

  • Duplicate Line
  • Highlight All References
  • Increase or Reduce Selection
  • Smart Clipboard Operations
  • Generate from Using (TDD)
  • Quick Navigation Window
  • Quick File Navigation

In addition, you receive the following refactorings.

image

…”

DevExpress has now released CodeRush Xpress for both C#’ers AND VB’er’s. My DFO (Domestic Financial Officer… aka my wife) really likes when I find “free” ;)

Installing it now…

I did have to chuckle at this dialog that appeared before the main installer. The Ok button (which isn’t appearing in the screenshot) being the only option really didn’t provide much choice in the presented matter. Nor was I really sure if I was supposed to uninstall “something” or if the installer would… Given I had a number of DexExpress things installed it was a little unclear.

Oh and I’m not throwing stones… Some of my messages/dialog are just as “clear.” ;)  LOL

image

 

(via Sam Gentile's Blog (if (DeveloperTask == Communication && OS == Windows) - New and Notable 321 –> Did it with .NET - CodeRush Xpress for C# and VB is Live!)

1 comment:

Amgad said...

It really is the ultimate productivity tool.