Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Empowering your My Computer Context Menu – Make some commonly used applications and features just a right click away

Tweaking with Vishal - [UPDATE] Add Control Panel, Task Manager, Windows Update and Other Useful Shortcuts “WITH ICONS” in My Computer Context Menu

“…

Add Control Panel, Registry Editor and Other Useful Shortcuts in My Computer Context Menu

The only missing thing in the above trick was the icon of the shortcut. The newly added shortcuts don't have any icon with them.

Heads up to our reader "Michael White" who sent us a modified registry script which also adds the missing icons with the shortcuts:

My_Computer_Context_Menu_Shortcuts_

It also adds 2 new shortcuts: Disk Cleanup and Windows Update. So now you get following 11 new shortcuts in My Computer context menu:

…”

Nice thing about the zip download is that you can easily pick and chose which menu item to add/remove. Also as a dev/geek/nerd/etc I appreciate having the actual reg file and not have to rely on a utility/code (unless that code is OSS/Source Available ;)…

image

 

Related Past Post XRef:
Making Task Manager (or any app) just a “right-click on your Desktop” away
Windows 7 and two click access to Windows Update – “Or how I learned to love pinning Windows Update”

No comments: