Thursday, July 09, 2009

Making Task Manager (or any app) just a “right-click on your Desktop” away

Thoughts about IIS (and now SharePoint!) - Launch Task Manager (or any other program) from Desktop Context Menu

“I use task manager a LOT in my job.  I also almost always have a ton of programs running,  therefore, do not have much space on my taskbar and get tired of finding “just the right spot” to right click in on to get to Task Manager.  Saving the following as a .REG file and importing it now allows me to right click anywhere on my entire desktop and launch Task Manager from there:

…” [GD: Click through for the to easily copy & paste the Registry entries]

image

Five seconds, no reboot needed, and you can add Task Manager to your Desktop context (i.e. right-click) menu.

image 

Usual “Don’t mess with the registry unless you know what you’re doing as you can totally jack up your machine if you’re not careful, yada, yada” warnings apply.

1 comment:

Dan said...

For those keyboard oriented folks, the combination Ctrl+Shift+Esc launches Task Manager directly.