Friday, November 20, 2009

Microsoft PDC09 video list, courtesy of Microsoft

MicrosoftPDC.comVideos

“This page provides a handy 'all-in-one' list of sessions that are available for watching on demand. Sessions need to be encoded, edited and uploaded before they appear here, so if the session you want isn't here just check back after another day.

Videos  Microsoft PDC09 …”

Microsoft has heard our past cries about easily getting at the recorded sessions for PDC and this year created a single, one page has it all, list of sessions with links to the currently available session videos. I believe this list is still being fleshed out (i.e. sessions added, etc) so please make sure to check back every once in a while…

This means I’ll not be creating my own PDC video list post this year. It would be kind of silly for me to duplicate what’s already there…

BUT that doesn’t mean I can leave this alone. LOL. What I now want is an easy way to generate a custom RSS feed of the sessions I’m interested in, so I can then hook that to my Zune (and let it do all the download, transcoding, file management, etc heavy lifting.  :)

So I’m going to try and knock out a quick .Net utility this weekend to see if some ideas I have in mind to do this are viable. And of course, if it does work out I’ll post it on CodePlex… :)

 

Related Past Post XRef:
Mix 09 Quick Video Link List
My PDC List Maker utility source updated to consume the PDC Channel 9 RSS Feed (resulting in the Keynotes now being included in the list), but fixes, etc.
My PDC Video Link List Maker project & source is now available on CodePlex
PDC2008 Quick Video Link List (Updated: Now with Keynotes)
PDC 2008 Quick Video Link List updated with link verification
PDC2008 Quick Video Link List (Updated: Now with link verification)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to that RSS feed - Would be a life saver on a 10 hour flight :)