Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Free Entity Framework v1 eBook – 514 pages of barebones, yet still good foundational, EF’ness

Guilherme Cardoso - Free ebook - Entity Framework

“This ebook was released in December of 2008, but it stills a good resource for those (like me) who are now introducing to Entity Framework,

The ebook was written by Zeeshan Hirani and it has 514 pages. The design of the ebook isn't pretty, but the content is pretty good :)

…”

Zeeshan Hirani - Contributions to Entity framework community

“…My company was committed in moving forward with EF so I decided to move forward with Entity framework as well. During the process I learned so much stuff and felt the pain most developers went through with this technology. No doubt EF has a learning curve like any other technology but mapping scenarios offered by EF are simply great.

May be the reader base can get the same perception about EF and the mapping scenarios it offers even in version 1 as I did, after reading the PDF that contains 500 pages of content about entity framework. I wish I could complete the whole thing and discuss every aspect of EF that I had learned. Time is definitely a concern for me because I have to move to other cool things that I have been wanting to get to but never made it.

Below is a link to the PDF document that contains examples of various mapping scenarios and concepts that I have learned about entity framework

…”

From the PDF;

image

image

Look it’s barebones, but what do you want for free, your money back? :p

I have to applaud Zeeshan for taking the time to do this, let alone sharing it with the world. If you ever done anything like this you’ll know how scary it can be, be it sharing your doc’s, your code, etc. Before you throw stones, make sure you don’t live in a glass house.

No comments: