"Did you know Windows 7 has built in multi-touch API's? Have you been wondering how to convert your current application to be touch enabled? Perhaps you want to develop the next cool slate PC app? Maybe you would like to start developing for touch but are wondering how to get started in C++, Silverlight, or WPF.
Resource Page Description
An updated guide for Windows Touch with information about approaches to Windows Touch and a comprehensive list of guidance for creating multitouch Windows applications.
This paper describes the Windows Touch investments in Windows® 7 and provides guidance for software developers who want to take full advantage of Windows on touch-enabled PCs.
The current version and release notes are maintained here at: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/wintouchguide
When you download the guide, you can learn about the following topics:
- Design Principles. Recommendations on application design
- Windows 7 Touch APIs. Windows 7 Touch, Gesture, and Manipulation APIs
- Developer Platform Choices. Windows 7 developer platform support for Windows Touch
- Software Quality. Windows 7 client software logo requirements
- Windows Touch Assets. Additional developer resources
Release Date: Feb 04 2011
Updated On: Feb 08 2011
Windows 7 Touch Application Development Guidance.xps
source code, 884K, uploaded Tue...
Some snaps from the XPS;