The tool provides the following features:
- Parsing of your existing regular expressions from code for C# and VB.
- Parentheses matching.
- Instant compilation of your regular expressions as you type along with error message feedback.
- Matches, groups and captures highlighted in color on your input data so you get an easy overview of exactly how your regular expression matches your data.
- Saving regular expressions for later use.
- Evaluation is performed in a background thread so it can be aborted if it gets stuck on an inefficient regular expression (try for instance (a|aa)*b on aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa)
If you're RegEx'ing having an extension like this handy is a must...
Related Past Post XRef:
Free regular expression addin for Visual Studio - Regular Expression Explorer