Saturday, July 02, 2011

Getting your contacts from your Verizon Feature Phone into your new Windows Phone 7 device

One Man Shouting - Moving Contacts From a Verizon Feature Phone to Hotmail for Windows Phone 7

"First, I have to explicitly state that the following process is not endorsed or supported by Microsoft or Verizon. I have used it a couple of times successfully, but I can’t guarantee that your phone won’t spontaneously combust or otherwise cease to function if you follow the steps below. If you have trouble, feel free to leave a comment below and I’ll do my best to help.

I have heard several stories lately from folks who are finally taking the plunge into the world of SmartPhones on Verizon (with the AWESOME HTC Trophy). Some Verizon reps simply state that you can’t move contacts from the old to the new phone, but they helpfully print out a hard copy of the contacts from the old phone. Others point to the Microsoft Article on Syncing Outlook Contacts with Windows Phone which isn’t very helpful if you don’t have or use Outlook. I figured it would be worth putting up a post on the process I used.

The first step is to make sure your contacts are backed up with Verizon’s Backup Assistant from your old phone. The process is different for different phones, but should be similar to the following.

...

image..."

This is a great tutorial for getting your contact off your old Verizon phone and onto your new WP7 device. If you're a Verizon customer and moving to WP7, and you're concerned about getting your contacts moved, you need to read this post...

No comments: