"In my Content Strategy Forum workshop, we created a short, online magazine called The CS Forum Times. The magazine used Treesaver to quickly layout the articles and images and make them work well on a variety of browsers and devices. This is an overview of how we built The CS Forum Times and how you can do something similar very quickly and easily. The before and after files we used are located here for you to download.
To create your own online publication, the simple steps are as follows:
- 1) Source your content
- 2) Source your art/imagery
- 3) Create a new HTML file for each article & paste in the content
- 4) Style using an HTML editor
- 5) Resize images if necessary & add in image tags
- 6) Edit the TOC file & make sure you’ve included each article
- 7) Upload to your server
Download the latest stable beta version, 0.9.2:
treesaver-0.9.2.js(21kb minified & gzipped)
Here's another referenced demo, Nomad Editions’ Real Eats Sample Issue
This reminds me of the WPF Newsreader app, used for a time by the NY Times, but this is done in HTML/CSS and so should be much more portable.
It sure does allow for some pretty content. I'm going to have to keep an eye on this.