Want to play with Visual Studio 11 & TFS 11 Dev Preview but don't want to install it (and have access to a Hyper-V server)? Here's a VHD just for you...
"I’m very pleased to announce the availability of the Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview ALM Virtual Machine along with 6 hands-on-labs / demo scripts. This marks an exciting milestone in our journey towards RTM. You can now roll up your sleeves and start learning about the many capabilities we announced at TechEd North America earlier this year and have been talking about in greater depth this week at BUILD.
Before I get into what’s included, there are a few quick limitations to disclose:
- Windows is configured to set the system clock to September 14 every time you start this virtual machine. This is to support the project management hands-on-lab. If you want to work with this virtual machine beyond the specific hands-on-labs scenarios, you will need to disable the Set Date and Time task (Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library -> Set Date and Time -> Right-Click -> Disable).
- Please take a few minutes to read the attached “Working with…” document for some important instructions for properly importing and working with this virtual machine.
- This is a Hyper-V virtual machine and was tested to work with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. Soon I’ll be trying this with Windows 8 now that Windows 8 officially supports Hyper-V, but for you brave early adopters this experience is currently untested.
With the limitations out of the way, onto the fun stuff…
This virtual machine is configured with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Ultimate Developer Preview
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server 11 Developer Preview
- Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Microsoft Project 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Sample users and data required to support hands-on-lab scripts which accompany this download and exercise some of the new Visual Studio 11 application lifecycle management capabilities introduced in this release
There are six hands-on-labs for you to take a scripted approach towards learning this content. These labs double as demo scripts in case you want to show off these features to others:
One of the easiest and safest ways to start playing with VS 11/TFS 11. Brian's also provided direct download links (i.e. Free Download Manager friendly links) too. :)
Downloading it now myself... :)