Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I shall call you... Mini...C# Course

Computer Science Teacher - Thoughts and Information from Alfred Thompson - C# Mini Course

"So this is an experiment of sorts. Last summer I was asked to train some college students in C#. The goal was to get them ready to teach some very basic programming to high school students for a short summer program. The students I was to train were in South Dakota. Now South Dakota is a wonderful place but I didn’t quite have the travel funds to go out and do this in person so I did it online. Since I had the capability to record the training I did. Later I gathered it all up and put it on the Faculty Connection in the Faculty Resource section. You can find this C# Mini Course here. What’s in it?

First off there are about 6 to 8 hours of me lecturing and demonstrating what I was talking about. basically just me teaching the way I would do in person – more or less. You can see the slides I used and watch me demo code examples. That’s a start but I also packaged up the PowerPoint slides that I used. That way if a teacher wants to use them their way they can do that. I also included sample and demo code that I used. Hopefully teachers will find that useful as well. There is also a copy of the C# project book that we have been sharing for years now with some success.

So if you are looking for something to help get started, something at a simple level without a lot of complexity this may be useful. ..."

Microsoft Faculty Resource Center - C# Mini Course

"Author(s)
Thompson, Alfred

Short Description
This material contains multiple workshops, video files, a project book and PowerPoint slides for a brief introduction to programming in C#.

File Name: CSharpCourse.zip

Resource ID: 8870

Publication Date: 10/20/2011

Language: English

Download Size and Type: 214.13 MB zip file

Overview
This material contains multiple workshops, video files, a project book and PowerPoint slides for a brief introduction to programming in C#. The video sessions were recorded live while presenting the material in the included PowerPoint decks and associated demo program to a small group of students with no previous programming experience. It is usable for self-learning or for support of a live C# course.

Target Audience
The project book was written to be used in the context of a first programming course using C#. It assumes no previous programming knowledge on the part of the student. It is designed for instructors to use as a supplement to their primary instructional resources. As such, it assumes that the student has available to them an instructor and a textbook for use as reference.

..."

What I thought cool was that the video of Alfred giving the actual class was included with all the materials, worksheet, book and sample code too.

Here's a snap of the zip's contents

SNAGHTML285be533

The reference book/pdf;

SNAGHTML285d3c86

And a snap of the of the videos;

SNAGHTML285f9cfd

In short, if you're looking to teach an introduction to C# programming course, or need one, this free resource might be just what you are looking for...

No comments: