"I'd like to present a new tool for .NET Developers that we've been cooking up in the Red Gate .NET team. It's only a beta at the moment, but it works for most people.
It's a Visual Studio extension that cuts the time you spend waiting to find whether your code is right. It does this by:
- Continuous testing (running your NUnit tests as you type)
- Continuous compilation (so you can start running instantly because your code is already compiled)
- Inline code coverage (so you know which tests are covering the code you're editing, and if they start failing)
- Continuous save (so you don't have to press ctrl-S ever again)
"Take the waiting out of Visual Studio development
.NET Demon automatically compiles and tests your code in the background.
Be a better coder by getting faster feedback from your unit tests.
- Takes care of running your tests while you code
- Shows code coverage and test results alongside the your code
- Intelligently only runs tests impacted by your changes
Start running instantly
Even if you don't have unit tests, .NET Demon will help you to test your code faster.
- Continuous compilation means your code is already compiled when you need it
- Intelligently only compiles projects impacted by your changes
- Cleanly replaces the normal Visual Studio build system
.NET Demon saves your work as you type, so you can give your ctrl and S keys a rest.
Find out more about .NET Demon
You had me at "Continuous Save..." :)