"April 2012 Updates to Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Beta (x86 and x64)" available on MSDN Subscriber Downloads (from VS 11.0.50214.1 BETAREL to 11.0.50323.1 QRELB)
[Note due to the way MSDN Subscriber Downloads work, this direct link may not work. If not, check the New Downloads or search for it...]
April 2012 Updates to Microsoft Visual Studio 11 Beta (x86 and x64) - (English)
EXE|Release Date: 4/3/2012
No product key is required.
File Name: en_april_2012_updates_to_microsoft_visual_studio_11_beta_x86_x64_833169.exe
Available to these Subscription Levels:
VS Pro with MSDN (VL)
VS Pro with MSDN Embedded (Retail)
VS Pro with MSDN Embedded (VL)
VS Pro with MSDN Premium (Empower)
VS Pro with MSDN Premium (MPN)
VS Test Pro with MSDN (Retail)
VS Test Pro with MSDN (VL)
VS Ultimate with MSDN (MPN)
VS Ultimate with MSDN (NFR FTE)
VS Ultimate with MSDN (Retail)
VS Ultimate with MSDN (VL)
Expression Professional (Retail)
Expression Professional (VL)
MSDN for Action Pack
VS Premium with MSDN (MPN)
VS Premium with MSDN (Retail)
VS Premium with MSDN (VL)
VS Pro with MSDN (Retail)
I'm still looking for more details on exactly what's in this update [GD: Found, See Below]. In the mean time, here's some before and after screenshots...
VS11 Beta - Before;
As more information about these release becomes available I'll update this post.
Update 4/4/2012 6:30AM PDT:
"This article describes information about the April 2012 Update for Visual Studio 11 Beta. Additionally, this article lists the issues that are fixed and the technology improvements that are added in Visual Studio 11 Beta.
To apply this update, one of the following supported Visual Studio 11 Beta programs must be installed on your computer:
- Visual Studio 11 Ultimate Beta
- Visual Studio 11 Premium Beta
- Visual Studio 11 Professional Beta
- Visual Studio 11 Express Beta for Windows 8
- Visual Studio 11 Express Beta for Web
- Team Explorer for Visual Studio 11 Beta
Feature improvements in the Unit Test ExplorerThe Unit Test Explorer grouping system was changed as follows:
- No more confusing child pages
- Simple, easy-to-understand list and grouping that displays all your tests
Feature improvements in IntelliTraceIntelliTrace Summary now includes Web Request Information. This data is available when you use the IntelliTrace Collector (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=245688) to collect data from applications that are hosted in Internet Information Services. This process is described in the instructions found on MSDN (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=244374) .
- Removed long delays when you try to scroll a C# file immediately after you open it.
- Removed a freeze that lasted up to five seconds in the UI when you are typing in C# projects that use SupportsAysncPattern.
Extensibility and VSIP control fixes
- Fixed an issue in which Assemblies that have many WPF controls took a long time to load into the toolbox.
- Corrected an issue in which WPF controls that were installed into the global assembly cache (GAC) could not be used in the toolbox.