Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Microsoft SQL Server DMV/DMF Cheat-Sheet - The Sequel

OpsVault - A Microsoft SQL Server DMV/DMF Cheat-Sheet (Part 2)

In my last post I talked about how to get the list connections (e.g. who is connected and requests are they running on SQL Server). I talked about how to use dm_exec_connections, dm_exec_sessions and dm_exec_requests, we saw how powerful these DMVs where. Now to expand on where I left off.

  • Statement #4: GET A LISTING O ALL USER CONNECTIONS WITH THEIR REQUEST DETAILS
  • Statement #5: GET LIST OF ALL SQL STATEMENTS WITH CONNECTION INFORMATION
  • Statement #6: GET TYPE OF CONNECTION BEING USED, NORMAL VERUS DAC

image..."

#5 is my favorite as I was/am a DBCC INPUTBUFFER() guy and need to break myself from that and join the 00's (at least... come on, at least I've stopped using Query Analyzer... lol ;)

 

Related Past Post XRef:
A Microsoft SQL Server DMV/DMF cheat-sheet with a list of DMV's every SQL DBA should know...
“The SQL Server DMV Start Pack” (eBook and T-SQL) from Red Gate and more Dynamic Management Views (DMV) stuff

No comments: