"Are you looking for a new version control system? Perhaps what you're using now is too cumbersome, or you just want to try something new to manage a pet project. With Git Succinctly by Ryan Hodson, you can get up and running with one of the fastest-spreading revision control systems out there. Complete with vivid diagrams, clear code samples, and a careful walk-through of primary features, this free e-book is your quick guide to how Git operates, what its advantages are, and how you can incorporate it into your own workflow.
Git Succinctly will teach you:
- How to install and configure Git
- How to create and clone repositories
- How to use the staging area to organize and manage your commits
- How to create, manage, and merge branches
- How to interact with remote repositories
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Recording Changes
- Undoing Changes
- Remote Repositories
If you're trying to get Git this free ebook might be a cool resource for you...
Related Past Post XRef:
jQuery Succinctly - Free eBook (reg-ware, PDF and/or Mobi)