After you download the code, see Getting started with Hilo for instructions.
Here's what you'll learn:
- How to implement tiles, pages, controls, touch, navigation, file system queries, suspend/resume.
- How to implement the Model-View-Presenter and query builder patterns.
- How to test your app and tune its performance.
- To learn about creating Hilo as a Windows Store app using C++ and XAML, see Developing an end-to-end Windows Store app using C++ and XAML: Hilo.
- Windows 8
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
Go to Windows Store app development to download the latest tools for Windows Store app development.
Here are the major topics in this guide. For the full table of contents, see Hilo table of contents.
- Getting Started with Hilo
- Async programming patterns and tips
- Using a separated presentation pattern
- Using the query builder pattern
- Working with tiles and the splash screen
- Creating and navigating between pages
- Using controls
- Working with data sources
- Using touch
- Handling suspend, resume, and activation
- Improving performance
- Testing and deploying Windows Store apps
- Meet the Hilo team
Related Past Post XRef: