Monday, February 21, 2005

WiFi Antenna - Deep Dish Cylindrical Parabolic Template

Parabolic Template

"Advantages over other antennas such as the Pringles Can Antenna
No Pigtail Required
No Modification to AP (No voiding of warranty)
No Matching (SWR) Problems
No Purchased Parts
Trivially Easy Construction
Very Low Probability of Error
As Good As or BETTER Performance than the Pringles Can Antenna
Superior Front to Back/Front to Rear Ratio
Improves Wireless LAN Privacy
Reduces Interference
Basically this antenna is so easy to make, tune, and install, and it performs so well that it is foolish not to try one before electing to purchase a commercial antenna, if for no other reason than you can check to see if you are purchasing enough commercial antenna to make the link you want to make."


I wonder if it's too late to return the "booster" I bought for my D-Link? (Which didn't help a darn bit).

Now this, THIS might help. Plus it looks cool... (in a geek like way).

Have to dust off my radio wave propagation training I got in the Army. (That as you'd expect, I never really used in the Field.
"SGT Duncan, damn it my commo is down again!... Okay sir, here's your new handmic... you know sir, it's best to not throw it at the radio when you are... well... um... they just don't like that..." ;)

(via www.hackaday.com - a better wifi antenna - hack a day

No comments: