Friday, June 24, 2005

Jury Duty Today...

Ventura Superior Court

Doing Jury Duty today... I asked to serve today, as opposed to waiting for my group number to be called, hoping that Friday would be a light court day. We'll see...


Update #1 6/24/2005 @ 6:29 PM PDT:
I was almost on a jury, but was excused by the plaintiff's lawyer. I was first off the island... What does that say? LOL

It was a little funny. I made my somewhat strong feels known about an issue to be raised in the coming trial and I think that sealed it.

The plaintiff's lawyer asked a general/jury-wide queston, "Does anyone have a problem with..." You know the kind of question that get's knods or slient approval? Where everyone just kinds of looks at everyone else?

Well I did have a problem with it, so I slowly raised my hand (who likes to the first/the only one?). And the lawyer asked for how I felt. SUCKER! After I finished a little venting, he asked the question, "Does anyone else feel this way?"

Now a number of other potential jurors also spoke up. "I agree with that guy..." or "Like the gentleman behind me said..." or "Yeah, I don't like it either..."

So I started a little juror revolt. lol... It just took someone to speak up first.

It was no surprise that I was the first excused. Oh well, I did my civic duty and I am proud that I did so...

No comments: