Tuesday, October 11, 2005

EyeToy: Kinetic Review

EyeToy: Kinetic Review on TotalVideoGames.com

"... Working with Nike Motion Works, SCEE has developed EyeToy: Kinetic, a twelve-week programme designed to increase fitness and tone the body. Set across four main areas (Cardio, Combat, Tone, and Mind & Spirit), EyeToy: Kinetic looks set to revolutionise the fitness of gamers everywhere. But does it actually work or is it just another gimmick?

...

With the EyeToy increasingly seen as a gimmick, Kinetic is more than a welcome edition truly opens itself to another market. With a regimental programme of exercises broken up into mini-games and more 'traditional' moves such as squats and push-ups the title certainly offers those willing to take the plunge an alternative to the gym or impact sports. This is an EyeToy title with actual substance and far exceeds our expectations. "


Sounds kind of cool... My son has tried to convince me that playing EyeToy is exercise, but to date I've invalidated that categorization. With this title, I might have to eat my words.

The only problem is that it comes with the EyeToy camera. Crud, I've already got two (the original and the one that came with AntiGav). Now a third? Well they are USB cam's, so I wonder if I can use them on a PC? (Yep, check out this)

In any case, I think this is a good x-mas gift item. Added to my Amazon wish list. :)

(via The Lazy Trainer - EyeToy Kinetic Review)

No comments: