Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Free ISBN REST Web Service from ISBNdb.com

Free ISBN Web Service



"From The Programmable Web comes word of ISBNdb.com, a large database of books indexed by ISBN. Of interest to developers is the fact that there is a complete (and free) REST API. Items in the site are organized (and accessible) via book, subject, category, author, and publisher index.

 

Several (ok, many) ECS developers have asked me for similar services over the past year or two and it is great to see this new and powerful service in action...."



Nice. I still have my "My Bookshelf" project on the... um... books... so this will come in handy.



ISBNdb provides a refreshingly simple API, yet it delivers almost all the information I need. The only thing it doesn’t provide is a URL for an image of the book’s cover. Still that’s easy enough to get via the Amazon API (where as for the rest of this information, the Amazon API is way over kill).



I guess I have no more excuses? (lol... I can always come up with another excuse. Heck my excuse API is very full featured! ;)



Technorati Tags: , , ,

3 comments:

Thomas said...

Nice one Greg - "my excuse API is very full featured"

He he...

Anonymous said...

This is why people need to blog about solutions they find. THANK YOU !!!!!! I don't want to use Amazons crap as it restricts some things, I looked and looked and looked... and finally found this.

Greg said...

Glad I could help... :)