Tuesday, March 28, 2006

GN Wizard Framework - VB.Net Simple Wizard Framework

The Code Project - GN Wizard Framework

"Introduction
This article will help you give your application a common wizard interface. One of the main reasons wizards were invented was to make common tasks easier to work with.
 
Background
The idea for my wizard came soon after I realized I was reproducing code to do the same thing again and again! As working with database applications is my main job, the need for wizard based procedures kept arising more and more. I felt the need to create a common wizard interface to suit my needs.
 
Implementation
Just drop the WizardTemplate control on a form, and you are ready to go

.."

This is a pretty cool looking VB7.1 project.

I have a project just waiting to have a Wizard added to it too...

The Source compiled with a little tweaking. The toolbar bitmaps were hard coded to C:\...bmp. Copying the two toolbar bitmaps into the framework project folder, and then removing "c:\" fixed it right up. No blood, no foul. It take a brave person to release their source...

Now that it’s running, I SO dig its design environment. In the WinForm design view, you can very easily nav your Wizard pages, add new ones, edit the controls on the pages, etc, etc.

Oh yeah, this project rocks...

(via del.icio.us/tag/.Net - del.icio.us/mattjano/.NET/



No comments: