Friday, March 30, 2007

Virtual Earth now covers my city with high resolution images & Birds Eye coverage

Live Maps / Virtual Earth - Virtual Earth Imagery Update for March 29

"...I blogged earlier that the Chicago Birds eye Imagery was online. But that was just a small portion of this 3.8TB update featuring dozens more cities of Birds eye coverage as well as some high res ortho imagery from the Ultracam and GlobeXplorer...

...

United States
Chicago, Ventura County California, Broomfield Colorodo, Pinellas Florida, Charleston South Carolina

..."

Yeah!

Since Virtual Earth came out (MSN Virtual Earth Beta Released (well it will be later today/tomorrow morning) ), it's bugged me that my city had out-dated sat images. I mean OLD images... And that the Google map/earth images were so much better.

Well not any more! The Virtual Earth/Live Maps is now much better, providing newer, higher resolution images and more features (i.e. birds eye view) of my home and town.

It's pretty fun, zooming around my town in Birds Eye mode, seeing things I never knew were there...  ;)

No comments: