Tuesday, June 19, 2007

MyGeneration is now OSS (BSD Licensed and Available on SourceForge)

SourceForge - MyGeneration Code Generator

"MyGeneration is an extremely flexible template based code generator written in Microsoft.NET. MyGeneration is great at generating code for ORM architectures. The meta-data from your database is made available to the templates through the MyMeta API."

MyGeneration - Code Generation, O/R Mapping, and Architectures

"...

  • MyGeneration's dOOdads Architecture Included for Both C# and VB.NET (Quickstart) 
  • Supported Architectures - dOOdads,  EntitySpaces,  EasyObjects.NET/EntLib,  Gentle.NET,  Opf3,  NHibernate,  Microsoft's DAAB,  DotNetNuke,  iBatis
  • Support for Twelve Different Database Systems. 
    Microsoft SQL,  Oracle,  IBM DB2,   PostgreSQL,  Microsoft Access,  FireBird,  Interbase,  VistaDB,  SQLite,  MySQL, Advantage and Pervasive
  • Template Based Code Generator Supporting Four Template Languages - JScript, VBScript, C# and VB.NET
  • Ability to Create Your Own Embedded User Interface in your Templates
  • Online Template Library for Publishing and Downloading Templates
  • ..."

    Interesting... I dig code generation as I'm a pretty lazy guy and hate writing cookie-cutter code. Heck I'll write SQL statements to generate my VB.Net code if I have too (which I have ;)

    I'll have to find some time to check this out...

    (via DotNetKicks - MyGeneration Goes Open Source on SourceForge.net

    No comments: