Saturday, June 16, 2007

XNA X-Plorer (GHII Controller) Windows/XBox360 Game (with source)

MSDN Ireland Blog - Ireland's Call on Guitar Hero X-Plorer for the PC and XBox 360

"Hiya!  Rob here, just popping in on the team's new blog for a quick sec before I head off to Canada.

If you have the Guitar Hero X-Plorer controller for the XBox360, here's the XNA application that will let you play Ireland's Call (a.k.a. "The Rugby Song") on your PC or XBox360. ...

...

I wrote this in XNA by starting with the Particle3D sample found at the XNA Creators Club. It was fun tweaking the High-Level Shader Language used for the fireworks....

...

I've included playing instructions on my blog for your jamming pleasure. 

And I've commented and posted the code as well. 

..."

Sounds like cool starting point/example for creating your own GHII X-Plorer based game, doesn't it?

No comments: