Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Windows Live Suite Installer Released (Which includes Windows Live Writer Beta 3)

Jump into Windows Live (http://get.live.com/wl/all)

WindowLiveSuiteInstaller

As you've probably seen everywhere in MS land, today the Windows Live Suite Install came out.

And I have to say... It's pretty darn nice. It is very convenient and for me worked like a charm.

My only beef (a very very tiny one... mostly just a whine issue) is that on the web page I deselected Mail and the Toolbar. When the actual installer started Mail and the Toolbar where selected in the "additional products" section (see picture). I was confused about about 1/4 of a second, thinking that somehow Mail & Toolbar were still going to install or something.

Well as soon as I read the actual title of the area and the button text, I figured it out. But if I had been button happy, those could have been easily added. My whine is that if they were deselected on the web page, they should be deselected in the Installer. I DO like the fact that I get a second chance to install them. I think that's cool. I just wish their selection status reflected those that I selected on the initial web page. No blood, no foul and not a a big thing...

Besides that it worked great, and best of all no reboot was required (for me at least).

 

Included in the Suite is Windows Live Writer Beta 3. Which means it's time to update my Plugin installers (and tweak my Picture Post plug as it's broken again... sigh).

Lets see if WLW B3 can upload pictures to Blogger... Here it goes!

Update:
YEAH! Uploading photo's to Blogger/Picasa works! ROCK ON! Good job guys!

(via Windows Live Wire - Test drive the new Windows Live suite)

No comments: