Monday, November 19, 2007

Lock your Windows Workstation with a Double-Click

IntelliAdmin - Lock your computer with a double click

"Many times I need to run away from my computer quickly...but I do not want to leave my computer unlocked.

So, yes, I am extremely lazy, well clumsy too. A few times when I am in a rush to CTRL-ALT-DEL I have knocked an entire bottle of water on to my keyboard.

...

Did some Google searching, and yes it is easy to create your own.

Right click on the desktop and Click on New, then Shortcut.

...

For the location, type this:
%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe user32.dll LockWorkStation

..."

This is a cool little hack/utility/shortcut/thing that makes it a little easier and quicker to lock your Windows OS (NT, 2000, XP, I don't know about Vista yet, but it should work).

Making security easy means it's easier to be secure...
("Thank you SGT Obvious!"  LOL)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice little tip. In Vista I use the System Control gadget from http://www.buildagadget.com/ in my sidebar. It's a single click unless you have protection turned on in which case it's 2.

Greg said...

Very cool... Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I find Windows-L easier than Ctrl-Alt-Del + Space, and easier than getting to the desktop, finding an icon, and double-clicking!

Greg said...

Just to be clear, the above Greg is not me, but another Greg...

And good point Greg... But I always forget the Windows-Keys combinations (probably because I don't use them enough ;)

Arnaud said...

Just like Greg (not you, the other Greg ;-) ) I use Windows-L, which is quick and safe.