Saturday, November 24, 2007

Moving from TFS2005 to TFS2008 Tips? Grant Holliday has some advice and tips...

Grant Holliday - Tips for upgrading from TFS2005 to TFS2008

"...

This week saw the release of the final bits of Visual Studio Team System 2008. I’ve had a few questions lately about real-world experiences for upgrading. I’ve been keeping a good eye on the forums and mailing lists to see if anybody has run into big issues. They’ve been hard to find :). I’ve also been upgrading every TFS instance I can find in Virtual PCs. Yesterday, I did my first production upgrade and it was a completely pain-free and smooth process.

The hardest bit was convincing all the stakeholders that we should be doing it. Here’s some of the questions & answers I’ve had to deal with.

...

My advice for upgrading from TFS2005 to TFS2008

Before you start the upgrade you will need the following information:

..."

Some great advice, information and tips on moving from TFS2005 to TFS2008.

I want to upgrade, but I think it safest to wait until the TFS 2008 SKU is available for purchase (January 2008). Sure we can use the 90 Trial and that "should" provide enough time... But this is corporate purchasing we're talking about. Sometimes stuff only takes hours, sometimes months...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Com'n... live on the edge ;)