Sunday, December 09, 2007

Using Volta to Partition a WinForm Application

Dragos Manolescu's blog - Tier-split Refactoring WinForms Applications with Volta

"The Volta quickstart as well as Wes' blog post Volta: Redefining Web Development tier-split an application that runs entirely in the browser. The refactoring yields a distributed application comprising a browser-resident client and a service.

This transformation showcases two aspects of the Volta recompiler at the same time: architectural reshaping and retargeting. However they are orthogonal. Let me focus on the former and set the latter aside. I'll do that through tier-splitting a WinForms application.

..."

As I mentioned before, I'm interested in see how Volta can help me in my WinForm (aka CLR client) world...

 

Related Past Post XRef:
Microsoft Volta Tech Preview Available

No comments: