Friday, February 08, 2008

God Love the Cops...

Tales from the Road: A Traffic Cop's Stories - February 7th, 2008

"I want to nip this one in the bud before everyone I know emails or calls me about a situation that has unfolded here near my hometown.

I'm sitting on my couch, checking my email on my laptop and watching to breaking news about a lone gunman who walked into a City Counsel meeting and opened fire. 7 people were shot, five dead including two police officers. ...

...

This does not discourage me in my job. If anything, this just emboldens me in doing my job the best I can. I’m not going to quit. I’m not going to get out of this profession. I’m going to do my best to make sure tragedies like this do not occur, and if they do, I’ll be one running TOWARDS the gunshots. "

We don't pay or honor these guys enough...

No comments: