Wednesday, September 24, 2008

IShellBrowser Implementation in C# – Get your cloned/custom Open/Save/Directory dialog here

CodeProject - Full implementation of IShellBrowser

“…

FileDialogs

Introduction

This library contains a full implementation of the IShellBrowser interface. The implementation is used in a VS-like OpenFileDialog and SaveFileDialog implementation. The components can be used the same way the System.Windows.Forms.OpenFileDialog and System.Windows.Forms.SaveFileDialog are used.

Background

Ever since I first read the article, Implementing IShellBrowser to host IShellView, I wanted to do the same thing in C#, but after several unsuccessful tries, I had to give up. But, when I really needed a customized implementation of the Open and Save file dialogs in one of my applications, and the using of templates wasn't sufficient, I had to try it out again. So, after re-declaring my shell interfaces a couple of times, I finally succeeded. I decided to write this article in hopes that it would be of some help to someone. This is my first article.

…”

There’s a good deal of very cool work in this project, implementing a number of interesting Interfaces and p/invoke fun.

If you’ve ever thought of implementing your own Open/Save dialog (because you need it to be kind-of,sort-of like the normal ones but need it to also do X, Y and Z) then grab this project…

No comments: