Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Top Office Templates – Not just business stuff going on…

Office At Work - Most popular templates in 2008

“So we've seen which how-to articles were the most popular this year, but what about templates? I'm a big fan of the free Office Online templates and regularly try to point out some of the hidden gems contained on the website, so I was really interested to see which templates have been downloaded the most over the year...

  1. Fax cover sheet (Professional design)
  2. Technology business brochure (2-pg, 11 x 17)
  3. Memo (professional theme)
  4. PTA agenda
  5. Chronological CV (minimalist theme)

…”

Seeing a PTA Agenda in the Top 5 Office templates downloaded just struck me as funny. And given the year we’ve had, we need some funny in our lives… ;)

Actually I think it’s pretty cool, and the Office Online team should be pretty happy, having a template like that in the top 5. I feel it seems to mean that “normal/causal” consumers are using the Office Online site. The other four can be chalked up to power and business users, but the PTA Agenda… well… (of course the little voice in my head is telling me that it was the business and power users who found and downloaded that template for their partner in parenting because they were tired of having to do it manually or seeing them do it on paper… in any case, it’s a win… ;)

No comments: