Monday, September 21, 2009

That Posh is Delicious… Posh-Delicious that is

Dev Central - Joe Pruitt - Introducing Posh-Delicious - The PowerShell Library For The Delicious Bookmark Service

“For those of you who don't know what Delicious.com is (yes it's the same as del.icio.us), I'll just borrow their overview from their getting started page:

Delicious is a social bookmarking service that allows you to tag, save, manage, and share Web pages all in one place.  With emphasis on the power of the community, Delicious greatly improves how people discover, remember and share on the Internet.

Here on DevCentral, when new content is added, we regularly add it to various social networking sites, including Delicious.  There are some great browser plugins that help you with sharing content and I regularly use the Shareaholic Firefox plug-in.  But, it's still too much manual work for me so I figured I'd try to automate it a bit.

I previously published a PowerShell library for Twitter (PoshTweet), for TwitPic (PoshTwitPic) as well as one for the Bing Search API (PoshBing) so I figured I'd build on those and write one for Delicious.  The Delicious API documentation is defined here

The API is broken down into the following functions:


image

Okay, that’s pretty darn cool. The coolest being how he melded .Net (System.IO, System.Web, System.Net.NetworkCredential, etc), the Delicious API and PowerShell.

I’m going to be keeping his PS1 around as an example and reference (and also check out his other PS scripts… ;)

No comments: