Wednesday, September 15, 2010

IE9 and Blog Fun

Just a quick FYI to let you know I’m playing around with adding IE9 features to my blog. Why? Because it’s fun and kind of cool… ;)

For example, there’s now (as of my writing this) a “Launch in IE9 Site Mode” link on the top left of the page.

image

If you have Win7 and IE9 Beta, clicking on this link will add my site to you Start Menu, Task Bar and launch my site in “site mode”

image

image

And as you can see I’ve also added some custom tasks (Greg On Twitter and Search [as in search my blog])

I’m sure I’ll be adding and tweaking more in the near future…

 

Resources that were invaluable (and I stole liberally from);

Scott Hanselman - IE9, Site Specific Browsers, and adding your own Jump List Items to Pinned Tabs

MSDN Library - Pinned Sites: Windows 7 Desktop Integration with Internet Explorer 9 & msAddSiteMode Method

No comments: