Monday, December 13, 2010

LINQPad isn’t just for development any more… (Chris Sells and how he uses it as a budgeting, as in money, tool)

sellsbrothers - Using LINQPad to Run My Life: Budgeting

“I use LINQPad all the time for a bunch of stuff, but most recently and most relevant, I’ve been using it for a personal chore that isn’t developer-related: I’ve been using it to do budgeting.

What is LINQPad?

LINQPad is an interactive execution environment for LINQ queries, statements or programs. The typical usage model is that you point LINQPad at a SQL database or an OData endpoint via a dialog box and then start writing queries against the tables/collections exposed by that connection, e.g.

pagesnap…”

You’ve GOT to love developers. We’ll so some the weird stuff because, well… we can! I mean what in life can’t be fixed with a little code? :P

Seeing Chris do his budgeting in LINQPad, one of the must have .Net development utilities, really tickled my fancy (okay, it made me snort-laugh… ;) and I just had to share it…

 

Related Past Post XRef:
LINQPad’ing into Dallas - The latest LINQPad now has “Dallas” support baked in.
OData my LINQPad – LINQPad (beta) now supports Data Services/OData (and there’s .Net 4 rev too)
Need an ad-hoc query tool for your Azure data tables? LINQPad to the rescue
This post title made me laugh, “I've Left Query Analyzer Hell For LINQPad Heaven”
LINQPad and the Entity Framework
Getting External with LINQPad – Advanced LINQPad Dimecast (aka part 3 of 3)
Fun with .Dump() in LINQPad – An intermediate level Dimecast for LINQPad
Link to LINQPad – A Dimecast LINQPad Walkthrough
LINQPad - A Free Interactive LINQ to SQL (and others) Utility (Think "SQL Query Analyzer for LINQ")

No comments: