"SlickEdit has released SlickEdit® Gadgets, a collection of free utilities or the Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 development environment. It is completely free.
SlickEdit Gadgets is an assortment of useful utilities to help programmers monitor, explore, and inspect the contents of their code.
SlickEdit Gadgets include:
- Editor Gadgets: Four utilities that add visual pizzazz to your editor, such as background images and wallpaper.
- Command Spy: Monitors command execution and allows you to see exactly what commands you've run, how many times you've run them and what key bindings are used to invoke those commands.
- File Explorer: Provides an easy way to open solutions, projects, or single files in Visual Studio.
- Data Object Analyzer: Inspects the contents of any clipboard operation, or drag-and-drop operation, from any other application.
- SLOC Report: Provides a graphical report of the total lines of code in a file, project, or solution.
To download a free copy of SlickEdit Gadgets visit http://www.slickedit.com/gadgets. "
I just got the above email and while I usually don't post on marketing emails, this one is an exception.
The Editor gadgets look cool and the Data Object Analyzer is something I could have used just a few days ago (when I was playing my clipboard games).
The price is just right too (free)... No strings seem to be attached (no registration or anything is required to download) and you do not need to already have any SlickEdit products installed. It's a free, stand alone product to get you interested in their SlickEdit Tools for VS2005 product.
Downloaded and installed. So far, so good...