Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Developing a Weather Vista Sidebar Gadget (C#)

Code Project - A Vista sidebar gadget to provide weather information

"I’ve been a developer for over 10 years and recently entered the world of widgets/gadgets thanks to my employer, AccuWeather.com. My first real widget was for the Google home page. I also released a toolbar for Internet Explorer that provides a current weather forecast. My attention then turned to developing a gadget for Vista that provided similar information. The data comes directly from AccuWeather.com via an XML feed that has been customized for the Vista gadgets being developed for AccuWeather.com.

This article will detail exactly how I built the Vista AccuWeather forecast gadget, the obstacles I overcame, and how I used the functionality provided by the Vista Sidebar api.

..."

This is a cool and well written article on writing a Windows Sidebar gadget that does all the things we'll be looking for in gadgets, flyouts, docking, web feed consuming, etc...

Related Past Post XRef:
Windows Sidebar Gadget Development Tutorial
Vista Sidebar Gadgets - Beyond the toy zone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

since when is javascript == C# ?