Thursday, May 03, 2007

IE7Pro - Must have IE7 Add-on?

IE7Pro

"IE7Pro is an add-on for IE 7 which adds lots of features and extras to make your IE easier, more useful, secure and customizable. You can use IE7Pro as Tab Mix, AD Blocker, Flash Block, Super Drag Drop, Crash Recovery, Proxy Switcher, Mouse Gesture, Tab History Browser, Web Accelerator, User Agent Switcher, Webpage Capturer, Greasemonkey for IE and etc . Using IE7Pro, you can Close/Open tab by double left click, build your own greasemonkey script, switch proxy, switch user agent, block ads and flash, recover browser crash, apply super drag drop, auto scroll page, manage tab history, refresh tab automatically, open new tab from address bar and favorites, view page information and save whole page to images quickly and so on."

Trying this now... It sure looks pretty cool.

The Crash Recovery is the feature that got my attention (having just had IE crash, with a bunch of tabs of stuff I wanted to blog about... ).

(via Steve Clayton: Geek In Disguise - IE7 Pro)

4 comments:

Scoop0901 said...

So, have you been using IE7 Pro? What are your impressions of it?

The product's site doesn't do much to sell me on the package.

Greg said...

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it so far.

For me, it's the little things that I like. IE7Pro is like a final icing for the IE7 cake...

Little things, like being able to close a tab by double left clicking on it. Sure that's a really minor thing, but those kinds of things add up.

The being able to create an image of an entire tab/page. Not just what you see on page (i.e. Print Screen), but the ENTIRE web page, is also something I've now found myself using.

The Crash protection didn't seem to work for me though (I had IE7Pro installed, new IE session, bunch of tabs open, IE7 died and restarted but opened to a blank tab, not all the tabs I had open prior to the crash). But maybe I'm doing something wrong or don't have it configured right or I need to reboot (with Vista I hardly ever reboot anymore ;), or yada, yada, yada...

I'm also starting to get into the whole mouse gesture thing too (right click - hold and move down to scroll down. Move up to scroll up, etc).

So all in all I'm pretty happy with it. It does a great job in fleshing out IE7...

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty happy with it though I suspect there may be a conflict with another plugin I have (Zuneit) which I'm investigating today

Greg said...

Okay, I just had IE7 crash and this time IE7Pro's crash recovery kicked in and recovered all the tabs I had open (and they were even pretty much in the order I originally had them... That's a nice touch)

VERY NICE ...