Tuesday, May 27, 2008

DimeCasts.Net - Everyday coding issues covered in 10 minutes or less

Derik Whittaker - [ANN] Dimecasts.net is Alive and Kicking

"A few weeks ago while putting together a screencast series on how to use NUnit (and a basic intro to testing) I got the bright idea to launch a new site.  I wanted to create a site that allows myself (and others in the future) to create, host and share short (about 10 minutes -- hence the name dimecasts.net) screencast's (I call them episodes) on how to do various different things.

...

So, who is my target audience with these episodes....everyone.  My thoughts are to create episodes that tackle everyday coding issues as well as show how to use various tools (NUnit, Mocking tools, IoC, etc).  I want the episodes to range from 100 level (Intro to XYZ) all the way to 400 level (mastering XYZ) and I want them to be short and to the point. 

I am launching DimeCasts.Net with 4 episodes, but have 10 more in post production ready to roll.  I plan on rolling 1-2 a week (depending on my and others schedules) till we run out of ideas.

Here are the 4 initial episodes

..."

Interesting. Worth keeping an eye on at least... :p

(via Kyle Baley - The Coding Hillbilly - DimeCasts.NET)

No comments: