Tuesday, May 13, 2008

SnipPit - Store your VS code snippets in a central and shared SQL Database

CodeProject - SnipPit - A snippet Repository

"...

SnipPit is a Visual Studio (VS) 2008 Add-In (and a desktop application is included too) that allows for storing, retrieving, and searching for code snippets. It allows for keywords, code/language types (C#, VB, C++, etc.; you could even use this for code categories I suppose if you really wanted to) multiple users, public and private snippets. It also provides a right-click menu within VS and comes with a desktop program for use in apps. other than VS. I wrote it for my personal use, but have seen others requesting snippet functionality like this so I figured I'd share it.

..."

An interesting idea and implementation for saving and sharing code snippets.

But if I wanted to share and sync snippets, right now I think I'd give Live Mesh a go. Then again, I'm a little worried that Live Mesh is going blocked/restricted at work one day (as FolderShare has been), limiting my ability to use it (sigh...). Still I'm using Live Mesh to sync my Text Template template files and it's working great. :)

But I digress, the SnipPit project, besides having a cool name, looks like a pretty cool and complete project (written in VB.Net). I dig it's capability to share snippets. For a dev team, this could come in real handy...

No comments: