Tuesday, May 12, 2009

As you can already tell, posts will be light this week…

As you can already tell posts will be pretty light this week. I’m getting my brain filled at TechEd (INSERT INTO Greg.Brain SELECT * FROM TechEd) as well as helping out in the Visual Studio Team System – Developer Tools booth, that and the drive into/out of Downtown, well… Let’s just say I’m pretty wiped by the time I get home. ;)

Besides the sessions and booths I’ve had a chance to lunch with some very cool people. Yesterday it was Darren Stokes of the must read Visual Studio Hacks blog and today with Craig Shoemaker, of Polymorphic Podcast and GetPixel8ed. It’s great having time to sit down and chat with these guys…

As for the people helping in and around the booth, I’m extremely humbled by the sheer brain power, personality, knowledge and passion. I mean, wow, everyone be they Microsoft employees, MVP or external staff are very committed to helping in any way they can. I’m hearing personal / @microsoft.com email addresses flying out, offers of additional help, taking people in hand to find them the right person to answer their questions and just a general excitement and “want” to help. These aren’t people doing it because it’s their job, but because they seriously want to connect with their customers and to help and it clearly shows.

Time to go catch a session before I head over to the booth. If you’re wandering about TechEd, stop by and say “Hi”…

Related Past Post XRef:
TechEd 2009 Booth Schedule – Come on by and say “Hi”
TechEd 2009 Booth Picture
TechEd 2009 "Staff" Badge Picture

1 comment:

Jim Monty said...

Find out if Michael Kaplan is there. If he is, seek him out and introduce yourself to him. Ask him to teach you everything there is to know about font fallback and font linking in Windows, especially for CJK languages. And then teach me. :-)