Thursday, May 13, 2010

[Draft/Preview/Excerpt II] “Moving to Visual Studio 2010” Part 2, with three new chapters

Microsoft Press - Free ebook: Moving to Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (DRAFT Preview II)

“Hello. On March 26 we released the first draft installment of Moving to Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, which we’ll release as a free (and complete) ebook this summer. That installment contained the three chapters that make up Part II, “Moving from Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 to Visual Studio 2010.”

Today we’re happy to release a second draft installment: the three chapters that make up Part III, “Moving from Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 to Visual Studio 2010.”

You can download one or both free draft ebooks (in XPS or PDF format) here.

image …”

This is part two, so if you want both, download both drafts…(Or wait a few months for the complete book to come out)

Here’s a snap from this draft;

image

 

Related Past Post XRef:
[Draft/Preview/Excerpt] “Moving to Visual Studio 2010” free ebook – Help, guidance in moving from older versions, as far back as VS2003, to VS2010

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts always contain images of pages you are linking to, or book pages. I find these images to be worthless. The images are pure filler with no substance. I can't 'read' them. If I am interested, I would visit the link anyway. This would let me see the whole site as intended.

With that said, I do appreciate the content of your blog and enjoy visiting it. I just wish you would take out the visual noise so I can read the actual content of your post.

Greg said...

I provide the images so you can see the rest of the given post, or get a feel for the content, without having to visit/download it yourself.

I can't leach the entire referenced source, so I use them as a means to provide a glimpse of what else is there, without stealing from the original poster. It's a fine line to tread.

Think of it as a thumbnail preview, etc.

That said, I hear you, yet I disagree and will continue with the images...

Thanks for taking the time to comment though.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Greg.
As mentioned, these images provide "a glimpse" - an impression of a web site.

Btw: This is THE BLOG I would take to a desert island, thank you.

Greg said...

Thanks! :)